May 25, 2013 activists around the world will unite in a worldwide March Against Monsanto!
Why do we march?
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives, and we feel that’s a questionable conflict of interests and explains the lack of government-lead research on the long-term effects of GMO products.
- Recently, the U.S. Congress and president collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” that, among other things, bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto’s GMO seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have caused colony collapse among the world’s bee population.
What are solutions we advocate?
- Voting with your dollar by buying organic and boycotting Monsanto-owned companies that use GMOs in their products.
- Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make those informed decisions easier.
- Repealing relevant provisions of the US’s “Monsanto Protection Act.”
- Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- Holding Monsanto executives and Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto’s secrets.
- Taking to the streets to show the world and Monsanto that we won’t take these injustices quietly.
We will not stand for cronyism. We will not stand for poison. That’s why we March Against Monsanto.
Join us! http://on.fb.me/ZUxe3o
Find cities already participating: http://bit.ly/ZTDsk8
Start your own: http://on.fb.me/16qw2r4
I am one of the organizers in Denver so if you have any questions or comments, please let me know! -Ellice
- Obama grants Monsanto immunity (enlightenedlotuswellness.com)
- Robotic Bees to Pollinate Monsanto Crops (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- ‘Monsanto Protection Act’: Chemical monopoly writes its own law (workers.org)
- Monsanto Protection Act Authored By: Monsanto! (nextworldtv.com)
- Busted: Monsanto Abusing Illegal Workers in ‘Slave-Like’ Conditions (secretsofthefed.com)
- Monsanto Protection Act Signed By Obama, GMO Bill “Written By Monsanto” Signed Into Law (globalresearch.ca)
- Meet the GOPer Who Worked With Monsanto to Sneak the “Monsanto Protection Act” into Law (occupyblogosphere.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto = GMO? ~ Oh HELL No! (conservativeread.com)
- The Four Steps Required to Keep Monsanto Out of Your Garden (blissmaybe777.wordpress.com)